Shipping boats require specialized services such as lashing & strapping and marine surveying.
A21 Logistics can outsource all services that are required
Depending on the dimensions / weight, they can be containerized either in standard containers or on a Flat Rack. They can also be shipped as Break Bulk.
Pros for shipping boats in containers / Flat racks
- There are many more options for shipping lines both direct and transship ports allowing faster transit time
- Being containerized the goods are not exposed to the elements or in the event other Break Bulk cargo or otherwise becomes loose and damages your goods
- Flat Racks give the option for easy transfer onto Side-Loader / Crane Truck transport at destination.
- Consolidating boats and cars in containers can save you money on international shipping
Pros for shipping boats and vehicles as Roll on Roll off / Break Bulk
- Shipping on Roll on Roll off / Break Bulk can be considered a safer method of boats and vehicles international transport when shipped below deck.
- Boat and yacht trailer axles are often removed to fit inside a container and need to reattached upon on arrival
- Larger boats and vehicles do not fit in containers
Boats which cannot fit into a container for shipping must be shipped as a Boat on trailer (ro/ro) or Boat on cradle (break-bulk) Service.
This service is charged per cubic metre, so reducing the overall dimensions can save you shipping costs by removing windscreens, masts, keels, t-tops, radars etc.
We recommend that 2nd hand boats & yachts are steam/pressure cleaned and are freshly anti-fouled prior to shipping to help avoid additional quarantine washing and fumigation charges.